Thursday, September 26, 2013

Up Close and Personal



1. Up close and Personal was our theme. How did you develop your ideas for this project and why did you choose your subject?
  • I developed my ideas for this theme by remembering commercials I have seen over the past years.  I also was kinda hungry when I was thinking of my ideas so the thought came to me, that I should do the project with a food theme.  As I tried to think of ideas I looked up and saw that melting ice cream up close was really neat looking so I choose that for my theme. 

2. How did you demonstrate Emphasis in your work?
  • I demonstrated emphasis in my work by making to fudge/chocolate syrup having highlighted areas all over it and doing that same technique to all of the other topping on this.

3. What medium did you decide to use and why did you choose this medium over the others? Discuss how it enhances your piece.
  • I choose to do a chalk medium, the reason I choose this type of medium is because I like what options you can do when you use chalk and blend in the colors.

We encourage risk taking in art. Risk taking can be as simple as trying a new technique or learning about a new medium to as complex as trying something totally new.
4.. Did you take any risks with this project? Explain.
  • The risks I took in this project is putting it on green paper, I wanted to do green paper for I wanted to prove to myself that I can make the ice cream stand out even with a color of paper that makes that difficult.


5. Of the 5 characteristics of great art (technique, concept, emotion, new, medium) which did you include in your art?
  • The characteristic of art that I included in my art was medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment